Synod 2016 Planning Timeline
180 days • May 20, 2016
- Standing Committee appoints its Nominating committee, which is usually the Standing Committee members in the second year of their term.
- Registrar sends out notice of the meeting.*
(Registrar also includes Letter requesting Nominations for Youth Delegates to Synod and Standing Committee, Constitution and Canons Committee (signed by Chair of Nominating Committee)
120 days • July 21, 2016
- Members of the Diocese must submit proposed changes to the Constitution and Canons to the Constitution and Canons Committee.*
90 days • August 19, 2016
- Congregations report their delegates to the Registrar.*
(1Title 1B, Canon 1, Section 3(I): Eligible Voters: Only those Members of the Congregation who are at least 16 years of age, who are also recognized by the Rector as regular worshippers and the Treasurer or Wardens as regular contributors are eligible to vote for Vestry and other matters requiring the vote of the Congregation…No person shall be an Eligible Voter in a Congregation or Mission of this Diocese while at the same time holding equivalent status in another church regardless of denomination.)
70 days • September 7, 2016
- Nominations due for Standing Committee – Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Suggested names for offices other than Standing Committee are due prior to Sept. Standing Committee meeting. This has been the diocese procedure.
60 days • September 19, 2016
- Registrar sends to the members of the Synod the Constitution and Canons Committee’s proposed amendments.*
30 days • October 19, 2016
- Registrar publishes names of all presbyters and deacons (address and position) and all lay delegates.*
15 days • November 4, 2016
- Registrar sends out Agenda and Rules of order.*
- Registrar also sends out Bishop’s budget letter, proposed budget, congregational pledge request and pledge form
- Registrar sends out list of all nominations and their biographical information
* Indicates Canonical requirement