• Project Life
A series of videos were released in July 2015, exposing Planned Parenthood for harvesting the organs and tissue of aborted children. In addition, in February 2015, the Supreme Court of Canada overturned their existing law prohibiting assisted suicide, leaving their elderly and vulnerable at risk.
These stories are disturbing and distressing—but they also serve to remind us that life issues are not just philosophical debates about when life begins or ends, nor are they political issues to be debated amongst our elected officials. Abortion and euthanasia are critical topics the church needs to be proactively teaching about and doing ministry in our churches and communities.
Anglicans for Life has produced an eight-week, DVD Christian education series entitled Project Life to help meet this need. This series gives a comprehensive snapshot of life issues and how Christians can make a difference for life.
Project Life was originally created in 2009 and has been used by many churches and small groups. We have updated the curriculum to include recent articles, updated data, new legal challenges, and more ways you can stand for Life.
During this course, you will learn:
- the biblical basis for a commitment to life (Historical, biblical overview)
- what abortion is and how it used in our society (Abortion)
- the effects of abortion on people and society (Post-abortion)
- how we need to respond to unexpected pregnancies (Adoption)
- what we need to say about sex (Abstinence)
- how euthanasia and assisted suicide further erodes the valuing of human life (Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide)
- what challenges biotechnology presents (Stem Cell Research)
- practical ways that we can affirm Life (Action Plan)
“For too long we’ve been silent while the culture of death has mounted a relentless campaign against the Gospel of Life.," said Georgette Forney, President of Anglicans for Life. "Now is the time to end that effort.”
Take the first step to standing for life! To learn more or to order Project Life for your small group or church, please contact Anglicans for Life at Admin@Anglicansforlife.org or 412-749-0455.